Friday, November 2, 2012

Confessions of a Pedestrian/Bicyclist.

I enjoy exercise very much, but I don't consider myself an athlete. However, I do bike and walk all over town. If I'm going farther than a few miles then I'll ride the bus to my destination. I'm sure you're wondering why I don't just drive there? Well, I don't have my drivers license or my permit. However, I do have an adorable little car in my backyard that matches our house perfectly. Now, you're definitely wondering why I don't drive, right? Well, here's a little story about WHY...

When I was 15 years old, I got into a car accident. Mind you, I was just like any 15 year old, I was stoked to get my drivers permit. I would sit inside my mom's car and check myself out in the mirror. Ha! It's so funny to admit that, but I like to think that I wasn't the only one who did that. Sadly, one day I was in the passenger seat of my friend's step mom's Mini Van and we got hit by another driver. It was completely his fault. 

Now, I must tell you that I'm HUGE worrier! I stress out really easily. So, having a traumatic experience like this one, really freaked me out. That was just the beginning. Fifteen years old, and scared of the world around me. I watched that car come at me, and smash into my door. It was terrifying. I'm over it now, it's been 10 years after all, but back then.. I was scared to get into car for about 4 months afterwards. Then for another 4 months I was scared that every person I was in the car with, was going to get into a wreck. Then after that, I just got used to getting around on my own, out of fear of having my life in the hands of someone else. Then after about a year, the fear disappeared and I became my own person. I was independent, and stopped being scared, and yet still never got my license. Now, I'm almost 25 years old. 10 years have gone by!! I've been bitten by the travel bug, therefor, I plan on getting my license. I've been studying off and on over the past few months. I feel as if I'd make a great driver, I'm very cautious and safe already. I know all the bike and pedestrian rules, so I'll know to look out for them, for sure! Anyways, that was my story on that. Thank you for reading.

I normally bike to work every day, even when it just mists or sprinkles, 
but as of late, it's been pouring rain.. so I've been walking to work.



Here's some photos I shot with my iPhone..


 

 Follow me on IG: @sierragrosss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your information will not be shared.