Monday, January 28, 2013

Great advice.

So far, this year has been eye opening. I have had potential business offers but I've turned most of them down because I know they aren't right for me or I'm not there yet. I just read some great advice on A Beautiful Mess blog. Emma states,  

"Wouldn't be cool if every single day we faced big opportunities that could change our lives? What if every day was the Olympic race we'd been training for or the job interview we'd been dreaming of for years? Guess what, it's not. Every day is just that: It's every day. But it's the little steps that propel us forward. The same attitude you would apply to a big important event, that's how you should approach your everyday tasks. For example, let's say your dream was to write a novel. And you think, "If only I had a book deal, then I would wake up early every day and write." Wrong. You should do that anyway, without a book deal. You've got to have the attitude of the inspired even if you don't have the circumstances (yet)." - Emma, ABM

What I took from this advice was that if I wanted to be a better photographer, I have to practice more! Even though I have however many years of experience, I lack a current portfolio. I have to feel comfortable with skills before I am the photographer of my dreams.

Her entire article is inspiring and uplifting. I recommend it if you're in need of some inspiration or you're a big dreamer, like me.

2 comments:

  1. That is some great advice. I love their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I also love ABM obviously right. Those girls are great. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and I definitely need to update my 'about me' section because I am not majoring in Photomedia anymore. haha. Anyways love the blog.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing
    My Shop

    ReplyDelete

Your information will not be shared.